Make Windows look like MAC-OSX

• Thread starter G01
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Windows
In summary, some Linux users have a huge Vista or Mac fetish, looks wise. GTK 2.x themes are easy to change in GNOME, but getting tired of them after some time. Windowblinds is no longer free, but can make a Windows box look like a number of Linux boxes or Macs.
G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Yep I just did it! Its pretty cool! Those of us to scared to change to a mac should definitely try it out!:smile:

This is the pack I used:

http://www.flyakiteosx.com/faq/(If anything, it's something fun to do on a slow Sunday afternoon.:smile:)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Some Linux users have a huge Vista or Mac fetish, looks wise.
http://gnome-look.org/
Check out some of the GTK 2.x themes, especially the most-downloaded ones. But in GNOME, or Linux in general, changing a theme is as easy as crashing a Windows machine. :biggrin: But it gets boring after some time.

Beauty comes with dangers...well i had to uninstall it as it made my system run very slow..so i guess people should make sure whether their system can handle it!

heman said:
Beauty comes with dangers...well i had to uninstall it as it made my system run very slow..so i guess people should make sure whether their system can handle it!

Good point. I don't seem to have many problems with 1GB of RAM.

neutrino said:
Some Linux users have a huge Vista or Mac fetish, looks wise.
http://gnome-look.org/
Check out some of the GTK 2.x themes, especially the most-downloaded ones. But in GNOME, or Linux in general, changing a theme is as easy as crashing a Windows machine. :biggrin: But it gets boring after some time.

I think you & I might be the only linux users here :)

I don't think the situation is nearly as "pathetic" as that :approve: (with respect to unix likes). Wonder if windowblinds and related products are still available free (if they ever were really, might have been shareware) -- can make your average win-box look like a number of linux boxes or macs.

Gahhh! why would you want to coat the worst-operating system available in this world to second-to-worst operating system?

Because it's shiny? The urge to get the shiny has been the drive behind much of human history, from mating to string theory. Some would say all of human history.

Last edited:
PerennialII said:
I don't think the situation is nearly as "pathetic" as that :approve: (with respect to unix likes). Wonder if windowblinds and related products are still available free (if they ever were really, might have been shareware) -- can make your average win-box look like a number of linux boxes or macs.

I don't believe Windowblinds is free anymore, though I don't know how much it actually costs.

I had the commercial version of it a while ago in my XP install, was somewhere around $30 / year. As long as have lots of memory and a speedy graphics card it was pretty smooth. Nothing like Beryl or any other real thing but anyways.

l46kok said:
Gahhh! why would you want to coat the worst-operating system available in this world to second-to-worst operating system?

Spot the Linux Geek :) !

1. How can I make my Windows computer look like a Mac OSX?

To make your Windows computer look like a Mac OSX, you will need to download and install a customization software such as UXTheme Patcher or Stardock WindowBlinds. These programs will allow you to install Mac OSX themes and skins on your Windows computer.

2. Can I change the icons on my Windows desktop to look like Mac icons?

Yes, you can change the icons on your Windows desktop to look like Mac icons by downloading and installing an icon customization software such as iConvert Icons or IconPackager. These programs will allow you to change the appearance of your icons to match the style of Mac icons.

3. Are there any free options for making Windows look like Mac OSX?

Yes, there are some free options for making Windows look like Mac OSX. You can find Mac OSX themes and icons for free on websites such as DeviantArt or WinCustomize. However, keep in mind that these may not be as comprehensive or customizable as paid customization software.

4. Will making my Windows computer look like Mac OSX affect its performance?

Most customization software for Windows is designed to have minimal impact on performance. However, it is always a good idea to check the system requirements of the software before downloading and installing it. If your computer meets the requirements, then it should not affect its performance.

5. Can I revert back to the original Windows look after making it look like Mac OSX?

Yes, you can revert back to the original Windows look by uninstalling the customization software or by disabling the themes and skins. However, it is recommended to create a system restore point before installing any customization software in case you encounter any issues.