Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Making a website

1. Feb 5, 2005 #1
    I am thinking of making a website which introduces ideas in modern physics. I am thinking of making it as self-contained as possible, and I would have 2 sections, one physics and one math. But the problem is, which free hoster supports equations? Because I did the material in Ms word using mathtype. Also, is there a programme which would allow me to draw gemetrical figures and show it on the website? Thanks alot. Also, I am thinking of using frontpage, how would i upload my website from there???

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 5, 2005 #2

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

I did a google search and found this:

"users of Microsoft Word can automatically export all equations into a folder as GIF, EPS, WMF, or PICT, using the Export Equations command."

Therefore you'll can just export the equations to a gif and put them into your html content.

---------------

For drawing, I like this program:

http://www.inkscape.org/

------------

Frontpage should have a wizard for uploading a website. I would check the help documentation.

You can also upload your files to the website by using an ftp client.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook