Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Making a website

1. Feb 5, 2005 #1
    I am thinking of making a website which introduces ideas in modern physics. I am thinking of making it as self-contained as possible, and I would have 2 sections, one physics and one math. But the problem is, which free hoster supports equations? Because I did the material in Ms word using mathtype. Also, is there a programme which would allow me to draw gemetrical figures and show it on the website? Thanks alot. Also, I am thinking of using frontpage, how would i upload my website from there???
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 5, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus

I did a google search and found this:

"users of Microsoft Word can automatically export all equations into a folder as GIF, EPS, WMF, or PICT, using the Export Equations command."

Therefore you'll can just export the equations to a gif and put them into your html content.

For drawing, I like this program:

Frontpage should have a wizard for uploading a website. I would check the help documentation.

You can also upload your files to the website by using an ftp client.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?