Masters/PhD - Research in Organic Electronics / Solar Cells

In summary, the conversation is about a person who is interested in finding graduate schools that are conducting research on organic electronics or organic photovoltaics. They have found some programs at MIT and Stanford, but are looking for other options. Another person suggests Southern Mississippi, Georgia Tech, Louisiana Tech, and Arizona State as potential schools to look into. The original person also mentions using resources like Organic Electronics magazine and Google Scholar to find university affiliations of relevant articles. They plan to try SciFinder for further research.
digital19
Hi,

I was looking around at graduate schools and was curious if anyone knew of places where they are doing research into organic electronics or organic photovoltaics?

I found a research department at MIT and Stanford, but I was looking for something perhaps one tier below that.

It could be in the states or abroad.

Any help or direction would be much appreciated,
Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
We are beginning research at Southern Mississippi, Georgia tech, Louisiana tech, arizonia state,... there are tons of different places. I suggest doing a scifinder search for those topics and then analyzing the search results for organizations.

Thanks. I found Arizona State's biological physics program just yesterday, but the other ones you mentioned I didn't know about.

I've been reading Organic Electronics magazine and using Google Scholar, looking at the university affiliations of the various articles.

I will definitely try SciFinder when I go to the library tomorrow. Applying to Grad school takes a lot of research in and of itself!

1. What is organic electronics?

Organic electronics is a field of research that focuses on the development and application of electronic devices made from organic materials, such as carbon-based polymers. These materials have unique properties that make them useful for creating flexible, lightweight, and low-cost electronic devices.

2. How are solar cells used in organic electronics?

Solar cells, also known as photovoltaic cells, are devices that convert sunlight into electricity. In organic electronics, solar cells are made from organic materials instead of traditional silicon-based materials. These organic solar cells can be incorporated into various electronic devices, such as solar panels, to generate renewable energy.

3. What are the advantages of using organic materials in electronics?

Organic materials offer several advantages in electronics, including low cost, flexibility, and lightweight. They also have the potential for large-scale production and can be easily integrated into different types of devices. Additionally, organic materials can be more environmentally friendly compared to traditional inorganic materials.

4. How do researchers study organic electronics and solar cells?

Researchers in this field use various techniques, such as spectroscopy, microscopy, and electrical measurements, to study the properties and performance of organic materials and devices. They also conduct experiments and simulations to understand the underlying mechanisms and improve the efficiency and stability of organic electronics and solar cells.

5. What are the potential applications of organic electronics and solar cells?

Organic electronics and solar cells have a wide range of potential applications, including flexible displays, smart packaging, wearable devices, and solar-powered consumer products. They could also be used in building-integrated photovoltaics, where solar cells are integrated into the building materials to generate electricity.