Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Math Bio Question

1. Jul 30, 2014 #1

csb

Hi all, first of all I apologise if my question is not supposed to be in this thread.
    I am a fledgling mathematician, currently doing research on math biology.
    So, I have an experiment to determine the fate of cells at certain age (see attached fig). Basically, we would like to know if we could find any differences between 0-day old cell, 6-week old cell, 12-week old cell, etc. I am particularly interested in turnover rate (growth rate) of that cell.

Attached is the sample data for 0-day old and 6-week old cell. So, what kind of mathematical model should I use to quantify this data ? I know that the variable of interest here are the age of the cell and time, but I'm not sure should I use the age structured population model ?

Thanks

Attached Files:

• fig.pdf
      fig.pdf
      File size:
      35.9 KB
      Views:
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 5, 2014 #2
    I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook