Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Insights Mathematical Quantum Field Theory - Geometry - Comments

1. Nov 5, 2017 #1

Urs Schreiber

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 6, 2017 #2
    Part 3 will be released tomorrow!

4. Nov 6, 2017 #3

strangerep

Science Advisor

I encounter some non-rendered latex in Definition 1.7 (sections) and Example 1.8 (trivial bundle).
    Anyone else seeing this?

[Edit:] In Definition 1.14. sub-para "1": Typo? ##dx^j## in 2nd line should be ##dx^i## ?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  5. Nov 7, 2017 #4

Urs Schreiber

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks. I fixed the indexing in Def. 1.14 now. I am not sure yet what is causing the two rendering issues. Will investigate...

6. Nov 7, 2017 #5

strangerep

Science Advisor

Some diagrams which work ok contain:

\downarrow\substack{fb}

But both the faulty ones have: \downarrow^\substack{fb}

7. Nov 7, 2017 #6

Urs Schreiber

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks again. Yes, that's what triggers the problem. I have removed the "substack", and now it displays.

But an issue remains. The use of "substack" here is a hack anyway. It replaces what in my source is "mathrlap" or "mathllap", neither of which seem to be supported here. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  8. Nov 7, 2017 #7

vanhees71

Science Advisor
    2016 Award

It's offtopic a bit, because it's about technical things, but I'd suggest Greg should also admit collections of pdf's as Insights. Then it would be much easier to write Insights of such typographically challenging texts simply in LaTeX. The greatest obstacle writing Insights articles for me are these technical problems!

9. Nov 7, 2017 #8

Urs Schreiber

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I know what you mean. On the other hand, with the script that some kind soul has written for me (who prefers to remain anonymous), 99% of the technical problems have now gone away (for conversion from Instiki to Wordpress that is, but something analogous could be done for conversion from LaTeX to Wordress.) I am confident that the last remaining little issues as above will be sorted out.

10. Nov 7, 2017 #9

Urs Schreiber

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Found the solution! Turns out that the functionality of "mathrlap" and "mathllap" is supported here after all, but it needs to be called just as "rlap" and "llap".

Now everything works! (Or so it seems, please let me know if you spot further issues.)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted