Maths question on making the subject

• Thread starter questions_uk
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about making B, D, and C the subject in the equation A = 1/2 B (C - D) ^2. The correct solution for making B the subject is 2 x B = (C - D) ^ 2 / A or B = ( (C - D ^ 2) / A) / 2. However, it is unclear which version of the equation is being used. No solutions were provided for making D or C the subject.
questions_uk
Hi.

A = 1/2 B (C - D) ^2

And I wanted to make B the subject

I have done:

2 x B = (C - D) ^ 2 / A

B = ( (C - D ^ 2) / A) / 2

Is this correct or not? And if not could you please amend it to make B the subject?

These are not the actual variables in the question by the way.

Also, how would I make D the subject in:

A = 1/2 B (C - D) ^2

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
And one last question,
How would I make

C the subject in:

A = B / ( C x D x E) x gradient?

Hi questions_uk! :smile:

(try using the X2 tag just above the Reply box :wink:)
questions_uk said:
A = 1/2 B (C - D) ^2

Do you mean A = B(C - D)2/2,

or A = (C - D)2/2B ? :confused:

Hi.

From A = 1/2 B (C-D)2

And making B the subject.

When someone asks for clarification, do NOT just repeat the original post!

Please answer the question! Is that
A= 1/(2B(C-D)^2) or A= (1/2)B(C-D)^2 ?

1. What is the importance of studying math?

Math is an essential subject that is used in almost every aspect of our lives. It helps us develop critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and logical reasoning. Additionally, math is the foundation for many other subjects, such as science, engineering, and economics.

2. How can I improve my math skills?

Practice is key to improving math skills. Make sure to thoroughly understand the concepts and formulas before attempting to solve problems. Practice regularly and seek help from teachers or tutors when needed. Also, try to relate math to real-life situations to make it more interesting and easier to understand.

3. Why do some people struggle with math?

There could be several reasons why someone might struggle with math. It could be due to a lack of understanding of fundamental concepts, not enough practice, or a fear of math. Additionally, some learning disabilities, such as dyscalculia, can also make it challenging to grasp math concepts.

4. Is math only for people who are naturally good at it?

No, anyone can excel at math with practice and determination. While some people may have a natural affinity for math, it is a subject that can be learned and improved upon. It is essential to have a growth mindset and not give up even if you struggle initially.

5. How can I make math more interesting?

There are many ways to make math more interesting. You can try relating it to real-life situations, using visual aids or manipulatives, and incorporating games or puzzles into your practice. Additionally, finding a study group or a study buddy can make learning math more fun and engaging.