Maxwell 3D

• Thread starter Jdo300
  • Start date
gerbi
Gold Member
Hello

Please, use Maxwell Help (press F1). All information ccan be found there - search for "Assigning boundaries and excitations for 3D designs" in the index.

In most cases, there is no need to setup boundaries in Maxwell as program assumes boundary setup automatically.

Thank you for your reply.
I went through the help. It says we must assign atleast one source of excitation. The cylinder is assigned the material AlNiCo5 which is a permanent magnet, so it takes care of that. Now even if I don't assign the boundary, it still validates the setup. But when I analyse it, it give the following error:
Solenoid3D (C:/Documents and Settings/FABLAB/My Documents/Ansoft/)
Maxwell3DDesign1 (Magnetostatic)

[error] Process 'hnl3d' terminated abnormally. It may have run out of memory or could have been killed by the user. (3:19:06 PM Jul 09, 2013)
[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine. (3:19:07 PM Jul 09, 2013)

I have tried playing with different boundary conditions, just in case it might work, but it always gives the same error.
I have attached the goemetry for your reference.
I would really appreciate your help.
Thank you.

Attachments

gerbi
Gold Member
Well.. thats definetely not boundary sourced error.
To make it working:

1. Draw your cylinder (magnet).
2. Assign material to it.
3. Draw "region" around magnet (draw\region), and select region slightly larger than object (+50% ?).
4. Add solution setup (default is good enough).
5. Run analysis

There is no need to add boundaries as they are added by default. The same with mesh - it's addaptive in static solvers (can be changed if needed).

Last edited:
Likes 1 person
Thank you for the reply.
I followed the exact procedure you said but it still gives the same error.
But because of your reply, atleast I came to know that the error is not because of the boundary condition. Now I know what not to look for.

gerbi
Gold Member
Exact completing procedure I posted above in new project will result in running analysis. Tested.
Other explanation ? Your Maxwell isn't running properly (problems with license mayby?).
Please try to run some examples (they are stored in: C:\Program Files\AnsysEM\Maxwell16.0\Win64\Examples\ <<-- this is for Maxwell v16, if they are not there search for them, they are definetely somewhere).
Try to run some of the examples, if they won't go.. then I cannot help.

In ansoft maxwell 3d i have done the design and while doing the validation check i got tick mark for all. but while giving analyze all am getting a window showing close the program 3deddy has stoped working..what may be the reason? please help me.

gerbi
Gold Member
Does this happends for every simulation you start ? If yes - you have computer/software problem. If maxwell crashes only for particular simulations - the deisgn may not correct.

Can Maxwell give CAD data files to develop a prototype. As I see export options available there for dxf,igs etc.