Understanding the Measurement and Interaction of Electrons: A Beginner's Guide

In summary: Planck's constant is so small.In summary, the conversation covers various aspects of quantum mechanics, including the concept of wavefunctions, probability, and measurement. It also delves into the uncertainty principle and its application to both microscopic particles and macroscopic objects. The conversation provides explanations and examples to help clarify these complex concepts.
So it doesn't explain how a classical world emerges, doesn't explain single outcomes but instead provides a mathematical approximation method to derive semi-classical transport equations from quantum many-body theory. I wil look into this in more detail.

Physics news on Phys.org
vanhees71 said:
What do you mean by "official interpretation"? It's not an interpretation at all but a mathematical approximation method to derive semi-classical transport equations from quantum many-body theory.

So no macroscopic superpositions are allowed, the classical world is as we see it in a definite state all the time?

Yes, especially if you "see" it (i. e. it interacts with light).

mfb said:
Yes, especially if you "see" it (i. e. it interacts with light).

Glad to hear that, that finally washes away some of my anxiety regarding this. I know QM is weird but to have a classical, definite state and properties of macroscopic objects at any instant which we can combine with special and general relativity is a sign of relief.