1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Mechanical Engineering or Computer Engineering?

1. Aug 26, 2016 #1
    im a senior high school student from India have about 3 days in hand having difficulty in deciding between the two careers. I am planning to peruse undergraduate in USA but in a big confusion
    Can someone put a clear image about these two branches of engineering as i am unclear about their job aspects at the time of my graduation, growth, and whether i will be employed in USA or i will have to get back to my home country.
    Thankyou,
    Nimeet

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 26, 2016 #2
    Mechanical engineer: job description. Mechanical engineers produce specifications for, design, develop, manufacture and install new or modified mechanical components or systems. Mechanical engineers need to be technically minded, able to demonstrate numerical and scientific ability and have problem-solving skills.

Mechanical engineer: job description | TARGETjobs

https://targetjobs.co.uk/.../job-descriptions/276099-mechanical-engineer-job-description

I myself am working towards that job (not sure about computer engineering though). It is a lot of fun and thinking is one of my favorite things to do, as for anything about degrees and what not... I honestly have not thought of that (I am only starting highschool ). And for working for the U.S.A. it seems you can for both jobs but it will probably be harder (not sure why though).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted