Mechanical Engineering or Computer Engineering?

In summary, a mechanical engineer is responsible for producing specifications, designing, developing, manufacturing, and installing mechanical components or systems. They need to have technical, numerical, and problem-solving skills. Working as a mechanical engineer can be fun, and it is possible to work in the USA, but it may be more challenging.
nimeet
im a senior high school student from India have about 3 days in hand having difficulty in deciding between the two careers. I am planning to peruse undergraduate in USA but in a big confusion
Can someone put a clear image about these two branches of engineering as i am unclear about their job aspects at the time of my graduation, growth, and whether i will be employed in USA or i will have to get back to my home country.
Thankyou,
Nimeet

Physics news on Phys.org
Mechanical engineer: job description. Mechanical engineers produce specifications for, design, develop, manufacture and install new or modified mechanical components or systems. Mechanical engineers need to be technically minded, able to demonstrate numerical and scientific ability and have problem-solving skills.Mechanical engineer: job description | TARGETjobs
https://targetjobs.co.uk/.../job-descriptions/276099-mechanical-engineer-job-description

I myself am working towards that job (not sure about computer engineering though). It is a lot of fun and thinking is one of my favorite things to do, as for anything about degrees and what not... I honestly have not thought of that (I am only starting high school ). And for working for the U.S.A. it seems you can for both jobs but it will probably be harder (not sure why though).

Related to Mechanical Engineering or Computer Engineering?

1. What is the difference between Mechanical Engineering and Computer Engineering?

Mechanical Engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the design, development, and maintenance of mechanical systems, while Computer Engineering is a branch of engineering that integrates principles of computer science and electrical engineering to design and develop computer hardware and software.

2. What are the career opportunities for Mechanical Engineers and Computer Engineers?

Mechanical Engineers can work in various industries such as automotive, aerospace, and manufacturing, while Computer Engineers can work in industries such as software development, information technology, and telecommunications. Both fields have a wide range of career opportunities and job prospects.

3. What skills are needed to become a successful Mechanical Engineer or Computer Engineer?

Mechanical Engineers need strong analytical, problem-solving, and technical skills, as well as a strong understanding of physics and mathematics. Computer Engineers need a strong foundation in computer science and programming languages, as well as excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.

4. What types of projects do Mechanical Engineers and Computer Engineers work on?

Mechanical Engineers may work on projects related to the design and development of mechanical systems such as engines, machines, and tools. Computer Engineers may work on projects related to computer hardware, software, and networking.

5. Is it necessary to have a graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or Computer Engineering to find a job?

While a graduate degree can be beneficial for career advancement, it is not always necessary to have one to find a job in either field. Many employers value practical experience and skills over advanced degrees, so gaining hands-on experience and building a strong portfolio can also lead to job opportunities in these fields.