1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Med School application question

1. Nov 2, 2005 #1
    I'm a first year university student interested in medicine as a career. My marks are relatively good (it's early, but GPA~3.9), but my weak subject happens to be physics and I am considering dropping it to retake it either over the summer or next term. It will be without penalty on the transcript, but it will show up as a cancel. I was wondering if this will adversly influence a future application at all?
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2005 #2

Gold Member

Short answer is no, but when the interview comes up, you might be asked about it, but if you continue on a good course there is practically no way this will affect you whatsoever. Id also recomment you take statistics and an ethics/philosophy class, as those two would also be useful for you in med school.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?