Megastat's Regression Analysis keeps asking confidence level

In summary, the speaker is having trouble using Megastat for a course that requires it. They are specifically having difficulty setting a confidence level for a regression analysis. They have tried different inputs and checked the help section, but have not been successful. They are now looking for further guidance.
ohno
Hi,

Anyone out there using Megastat? The course I am in requires using it/knowing how to use it for processes. Whenever I try to get a regression analysis it insists that I need to set a confidence level - I've tried different versions of typing 95%/0.95 into no avail, and I don't know what else in the data input it could be.

Screen_Shot_2018_07_31_at_17_09_27.png

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2018_07_31_at_17_09_27.png
    Screen_Shot_2018_07_31_at_17_09_27.png
    62 KB · Views: 615
Physics news on Phys.org
I am not familiar with that statistics package, but you should hit the down arrow at the right of the data entry and see what the valid options are. Select one of the available options.
It clearly says that it must be a number between 0 and 1. I would expect either 0.95 or 0.05 to be a valid entry, but maybe not one of the options available.
You could also check what information they give you when you click "Help"

I've done both of those things prior to writing on here, no changes or help there either. No matter which drop down option, an error occurs. I'll have to keep looking. Thank you for the answer.

Okay, the answer is to type "95" in the field!

Likes FactChecker

What is Megastat's Regression Analysis?

Megastat's Regression Analysis is a statistical tool used to analyze the relationship between two or more variables. It is commonly used in scientific research to determine the strength and direction of the relationship between variables.

Why does Megastat's Regression Analysis keep asking for a confidence level?

The confidence level in Megastat's Regression Analysis refers to the degree of certainty in the results of the analysis. By setting a confidence level, you are indicating the minimum level of confidence you have in the results. This is important because it helps to determine the accuracy and reliability of the results.

What is the recommended confidence level to use in Megastat's Regression Analysis?

The recommended confidence level to use in Megastat's Regression Analysis is usually 95%. This means that there is a 95% chance that the results of the analysis are accurate and can be generalized to the larger population.

Can I change the confidence level in Megastat's Regression Analysis?

Yes, you can change the confidence level in Megastat's Regression Analysis. However, it is important to note that changing the confidence level can affect the accuracy and reliability of the results. It is recommended to consult with a statistician or refer to the literature to determine the appropriate confidence level for your analysis.

What happens if I do not specify a confidence level in Megastat's Regression Analysis?

If you do not specify a confidence level in Megastat's Regression Analysis, the default confidence level of 95% will be used. It is important to always specify a confidence level to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the results.