Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Men are to blame for everything

1. Jun 14, 2013 #1

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

New scientific proof that men really are to blame for everything ..... including menopause in women!

Mate Choice and the Origin of Menopause

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2013 #2

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The better (IMO :p) interpretation is that if it wasn't for men all women would die at the age of 40

4. Jun 14, 2013 #3
    Interesting.
    I suppose it is similar to going to the grocery store and selecting a bag of chips with the newest "best before" date, leaving behind older versions of the same product. Demand for the newer version being greater would result in its scarcity, and impart an accumulation of deleterious effects of survival on remaing bags of chips. Thus, a ‘death barrier’ should emerge not far beyond the maximum shelf life of chips, Proof would be that the store owner would necessarilt remove the 'aged' bags from the shelf, thereby terminating their existance, in contrast to what is seen in the human female population when past their "best before" date.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  5. Jun 14, 2013 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If one is married, it is best to make that assumption whether it is true or not. :biggrin:

6. Jun 14, 2013 #5

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

All you have to do is watch TV commercials to know that all men are idiots and that women are the smartest and wisest creatures to walk the surface of the earth.

7. Jun 14, 2013 #6

reenmachine

Gold Member

True.

From a anecdotal stand point at least , the smartest women I've met are completely different from the "super-women CEO-type" they are presenting in those commercials.

8. Jun 14, 2013 #7
    And those women that they portray are always depicted as incredibly uptight and largely professional, with no time for fun.

Media :rolleyes:

9. Jun 15, 2013 #8
    I've noticed this trend. There was a time when women were depicted as silly and dependent on the wisdom of men to make the right decisions, but the pendulum has swung, slowly, to the opposite meme.

10. Jun 15, 2013 #9
    and incredibly sexually repressed, but deviant in private. :devil:

11. Jun 15, 2013 #10

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I really can't remember the last time that I saw a man who was depicted as smarter or wiser than a woman in a commercial. I think that it due to the fact that men aren't represented by rights groups that protest over every perceived insult. Hence, you'll never see this ad on TV... :tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0nRvqfiqZI

12. Jun 15, 2013 #11
    Non-sense. I could come up with bunches women are to blame, and near the top is that woman-emotional response to virtually everything when in some cases, clearly a more rational approach would be more successful, you know like, "no I don't wanna' do it without a rubber." But alas, I don't want to turn the thread into a woman-bashing one for the simple reason that we both mess up, man and woman I mean. Ugh . . . one more maybe? Vengance. That woman vengence thing that can emerge when you break up with them. A woman can be very hostile after a break up and her emotions are to blame going to the first point I made. Maybe that's the origin of many of her pitfalls, her emotions, but that is the beauty of evolution: we're here aren't we? Somebody took care of us. :)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  13. Jun 15, 2013 #12

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I must have missed that commercial.

14. Jun 15, 2013 #13
    I thought it was fairly obvious that the purpose of this thread was to be humorous. No one is honestly saying that every single problem can be traced back to a man.

15. Jun 15, 2013 #14

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Typical post by a man...

16. Jun 15, 2013 #15
    Typical post from a female.

17. Jun 15, 2013 #16

Ibix

Science Advisor

A friend used to use "if a tree falls in a forest and there's no one around...is it still a man's fault?" as a sig.

jackmell - :eek:

18. Jun 15, 2013 #17
    All I can say is that I'm glad she's OK, close call :eek: (as DiracPool scratches his blonde head)

19. Jun 15, 2013 #18

Bacle2

Science Advisor

There is one that seems like a reasonable group (tho basically managed by one man):

http://www.nationalcenterformen.org/

You won't hear much about it on TV because this guy (Mel Feit) is reasonable and does not fit neither with the far-right nuts on FOX nor with the far-left nuts (incl.feminists) on MSNBC.

20. Jun 15, 2013 #19

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M93wql4IcXQ

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool and I thought real analysis was hard

21. Jun 15, 2013 #20

Bacle2

Science Advisor

It pays to be attractive;us average-looking men do not get supported by sugar mommies,so we need to make sure we're good at what we do.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook