1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Metal platings on glass and reflection in a mirror

Tags:
  1. May 3, 2017 #1
    Which metal platings on glass will provide 100% reflection as a mirror?
    In which case we will get an brighter image than the actual one in mirror?And in which case it will be darker?Which metal(used for platings) will absorb a very little amount of ray? Can anyone give the explanation?

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. May 3, 2017 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What reading have you been doing so far about mirror surfaces and reflection? Can you post some links to that reading, and ask specific questions about which parts you don't understand? :smile:

4. May 3, 2017 #3
    I didn't read anything about it recently.I just thought about it.
    I heard that every metal(which is used for coating) absorbs some ray,thats why they can't give 100% reflection.So,I want to know which metal can give maximum reflection?And do the coating have any impact on image?

5. May 3, 2017 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

It's always best here at the PF to do some reading first, and then ask specific questions about your reading if you don't understand something. That's a good way to learn about new things. Especially with the Internet, it is easy to find good articles to do initial reading. Have a look at this Wikipedia article to see if it is a good starting point to learn more about how reflection works:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror

:smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted