Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mind vs brain

1. Jun 27, 2011 #1
    i am not much into biology but i have been reading about brain and mind ,i still don't get a satisfying answer,hope u people could help or give a link that may b useful

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 27, 2011 #2

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

Hopefully we can help. What is the question?

4. Jun 27, 2011 #3
    question is
    how is brain different from mind?
    can mind signify events outside human brain?

5. Jun 27, 2011 #4
    The brain as an organ is tangible and everything that the brain does can be explained through interactions between the billions of neurons inside and outside it. The mind on the other hand is a function of our consciousness , and this is something that science struggles to explain. We don't even have a rigorous scientific definition of "consciousness", "mind" and the like. And it is for these reasons, I'm afraid, this thread might belong in the philosophy forum.

6. Jun 27, 2011 #5

Evo

The question has been sufficiently answered here. Endless wandering wonderings have been posted in Philosophy on this question, so this thread is closed.

7. Jun 28, 2011 #6
    what is the difference between brain and mind?
    i know this question has been discussed alot,i would b grateful if anyone either could give me the link to that thread or could specify the answer

8. Jun 28, 2011 #7

Evo

It's still in biology where you last posted to it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook