How Do the Brain and Mind Interact?

• Thread starter nouveau_riche
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Brain Mind
In summary: The difference between the two is that the brain controls the body and the mind controls the thoughts.
nouveau_riche
i am not much into biology but i have been reading about brain and mind ,i still don't get a satisfying answer,hope u people could help or give a link that may b useful

Biology news on Phys.org
nouveau_riche said:
i still don't get a satisfying answer

Hopefully we can help. What is the question?

ryan_m_b said:
Hopefully we can help. What is the question?

question is
how is brain different from mind?
can mind signify events outside human brain?

nouveau_riche said:
question is
how is brain different from mind?
can mind signify events outside human brain?

The brain as an organ is tangible and everything that the brain does can be explained through interactions between the billions of neurons inside and outside it. The mind on the other hand is a function of our consciousness , and this is something that science struggles to explain. We don't even have a rigorous scientific definition of "consciousness", "mind" and the like. And it is for these reasons, I'm afraid, this thread might belong in the philosophy forum.

mishrashubham said:
The brain as an organ is tangible and everything that the brain does can be explained through interactions between the billions of neurons inside and outside it. The mind on the other hand is a function of our consciousness , and this is something that science struggles to explain. We don't even have a rigorous scientific definition of "consciousness", "mind" and the like. And it is for these reasons, I'm afraid, this thread might belong in the philosophy forum.
The question has been sufficiently answered here. Endless wandering wonderings have been posted in Philosophy on this question, so this thread is closed.

what is the difference between brain and mind?
i know this question has been discussed alot,i would b grateful if anyone either could give me the link to that thread or could specify the answer

It's still in biology where you last posted to it.

1. What is the purpose of exploring the brain and mind?

The purpose of exploring the brain and mind is to gain a better understanding of how the brain works and how it influences our thoughts, behaviors, and emotions. This knowledge can help us improve our overall well-being and develop treatments for neurological disorders.

2. What methods are used to explore the brain and mind?

There are various methods used in exploring the brain and mind, including brain imaging techniques such as MRI and EEG, brain stimulation techniques, behavioral experiments, and neuropharmacology studies.

3. What are some current areas of research in brain and mind exploration?

Some current areas of research in brain and mind exploration include investigating the neural correlates of consciousness, understanding the brain's plasticity and adaptability, exploring the role of genetics in brain function and behavior, and studying the effects of different types of meditation on the brain.

4. How does exploring the brain and mind contribute to our society?

Exploring the brain and mind has numerous contributions to our society. It helps us understand the mechanisms behind mental illnesses and neurological disorders, leading to the development of more effective treatments. It also contributes to advancements in technology, such as brain-computer interfaces, and can inform education and learning strategies.

5. How can I get involved in brain and mind exploration?

There are many ways to get involved in brain and mind exploration, such as pursuing a degree in neuroscience or psychology, volunteering for research studies, attending conferences and seminars, and staying up-to-date with current research through scientific publications and media. Additionally, supporting organizations and institutions that fund and conduct research in this field can also make a significant impact.