Moment Diagram for Boomerang shaped Beam

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
lordgraam
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Moment Diagram for "Boomerang" shaped Beam

Hey y'all,
I'm trying to determine a moment diagram for this "boomerang" shape (a picture is attached). Its been a long while since I have done mechanics, and I can't remember the relevant equations or how to best approach this problem. I will be using the analysis of the fringes (given by the colors in the beam) to determine the approximate loads applied at each location, and I have the dimensions of the beam, I just don't know how to use this information to solve for the moment diagram. Any relevant information is much appreciated.
 
Attachments
  • DSC00484.jpg
    DSC00484.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 609
Physics news on Phys.org


lordgraam said:
Hey y'all,
I'm trying to determine a moment diagram for this "boomerang" shape (a picture is attached). Its been a long while since I have done mechanics, and I can't remember the relevant equations or how to best approach this problem. I will be using the analysis of the fringes (given by the colors in the beam) to determine the approximate loads applied at each location, and I have the dimensions of the beam, I just don't know how to use this information to solve for the moment diagram. Any relevant information is much appreciated.

Sheer is integration of the forces; moment it integration of the shear.