Mooselet born to royal Swedish cow

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
In summary, a mooselet named Estelle was born to a royal Swedish cow. Despite being disappointed at first, the conversation turned to discussing the cuteness of mooselets and sharing pictures of them. One person shared a memorable experience of seeing a baby moose being born near a pond. There was a minor misunderstanding about the location of the birth.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Mooselet born to royal Swedish cow!

The mooselet's name is Estelle, but she is rather cute, nonetheless:
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/Her-er-de-forste-bildene-av-Estelle-6770396.html#.T0t4cvU2dnA

Physics news on Phys.org
arildno said:
The mooselet's name is Estelle, but she is rather cute, nonetheless:
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/Her-er-de-forste-bildene-av-Estelle-6770396.html#.T0t4cvU2dnA
:frown: I was looking forward to a real mooselet, still it's not bad.

Take comfort in that Swedes don't know the difference! :smile:

Cow? I take it you didn't get an invitation to the shower.

Jimmy Snyder said:
Cow? I take it you didn't get an invitation to the shower.
On so many levels, it is SO wrong that I should take a shower with a Swedish cow.
For example, usually, I prefer to shower on my own.

Hmmph! I was deceived! I demand an actual mooselet!

Leave it to photoshopping. She's too perfect!

What is Swedish for "The Onion"?

Moonbear said:
Hmmph! I was deceived! I demand an actual mooselet!
Here's a mooselet for you:
http://www.villmarksriket.com/aimages/Elgkalv_1326371835.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

arildno said:
Here's a mooselet for you:
http://www.villmarksriket.com/aimages/Elgkalv_1326371835.jpg

Awwwwww! Much better. :approve:

Last edited by a moderator:

I am relieved that you are mollified, Moonbear.
In the future, I promise that ALL my news on mooselets will include pictures of them.

arildno said:
I am relieved that you are mollified, Moonbear.
In the future, I promise that ALL my news on mooselets will include pictures of them.
Is this the beginning of a Mooselet series ? Let's hope so, they are way cuter in gangly sort of way than kittens, well maybe not.

Rhody... :devil:

A mooselet thread would be awesome.

rhody said:
Is this the beginning of a Mooselet series ? Let's hope so, they are way cuter in gangly sort of way than kittens, well maybe not.

Sainguin said:
A mooselet thread would be awesome.
Thirded.

I just watched a video of a mooselet on top of a shed eating branches, his mom was next to him and she was the size of a bus.

rhody said:

Baby moose are very cute. When I was just a kid, my father and I hiked into a remote pond to fly-fish for trout. It was a cool morning and there was a steaming pile of afterbirth in the trail. We went past that to the pond and put our gear in the "canoe", which was made out of 2 old Pontiac hoods welded butt-to-butt. There were quite a few adult moose in the water near the north end of the pond, so we paddled toward the south end, and started fishing. There was a bit of noise just off-shore, and soon we saw a cinnamon-colored baby moose over the alders. Its mother was moving it by putting her snout under the baby and lugging it toward the water. My father and I backed off from that shore and the mother moose put her baby in the water, and encouraged it to swim for about 1/2 hour. When she thought the mooselet was ready, they swam to the trail where we had entered and she encouraged the baby to come out of the water. Without the support of the water, there was a lot of wobbly-knee business at first, but within 5 minutes or so they walked off together.

I had seen lots of cows and horses being born before that, but none of the births were as memorable as that one. That was ~50 years ago, and I still have the visual pictures in my mind.

Last edited:

Let me get this straight, pile of afterbirth in the canal, mother nudging her baby toward the shore, Mooselet wobbly legged, all implies that the baby was born in the water, was supported by the mother after being born in the water, then after reaching the shore the Mooselet took its first steps. Quite a story, you didn't mention that you saw the baby moose being born, but your sequence of events suggest it. I never have heard of that scenario before. Amazing if it were true.

Rhody...

The afterbirth was in the trail leading to the pond. She gave birth on dry land in the shelter of the trees but very close to the pond. She likely had intended to use that short section of trail to transport her baby to the water, but when my father and I showed up, she heard or smelled us approaching, and made a detour through the alders and underbrush. As she brought the baby to the pond, it was balanced on her snout with its legs making a nice counter-balance to keep it upright. What a cute calf.

rhody said:
Let me get this straight, pile of afterbirth in the canal, mother nudging her baby toward the shore, Mooselet wobbly legged, all implies that the baby was born in the water, was supported by the mother after being born in the water, then after reaching the shore the Mooselet took its first steps. Quite a story, you didn't mention that you saw the baby moose being born, but your sequence of events suggest it. I never have heard of that scenario before. Amazing if it were true.

Rhody...
You read turbo's post wrong.

Yes, you are correct, how did the word "trail" suddenly transform into the word "canal" in my brain leading me astray, can someone come up with a theory backed by peer reviewed evidence ?

Rhody... :blushing:

rhody said:
Yes, you are correct, how did the word "trail" suddenly transform into the word "canal" in my brain leading me astray, can someone come up with a theory backed by peer reviewed evidence ?

Rhody... :blushing:
Only if you say "pretty please" and edit your post to include "IMO". :devil:

turbo said:
Only if you say "pretty please" and edit your post to include "IMO". :devil:
You know I was really kidding, right, a brain fart IMO doesn't need intense scrutiny and review.

Rhody... :tongue:

What is a Mooselet born to royal Swedish cow?

A Mooselet born to royal Swedish cow is a term used to describe a baby moose born to a cow that belongs to the Swedish royal family. It is a rare and unique occurrence that is often celebrated in Sweden.

How does a Mooselet inherit royal status?

Similar to other royal families, the Swedish royal family has a strict system of inheritance. If a cow belonging to the Swedish royal family gives birth to a moose, the mooselet is automatically considered a member of the royal family and inherits their royal status.

Are there any special traditions or celebrations for Mooselet born to royal Swedish cow?

Yes, the birth of a Mooselet born to royal Swedish cow is often celebrated with traditional Swedish festivities, including a special naming ceremony and a feast. It is also considered a sign of good luck and prosperity for the Swedish royal family.

How often does a Mooselet born to royal Swedish cow occur?

The occurrence of a Mooselet born to royal Swedish cow is quite rare, as it depends on when a cow belonging to the royal family gives birth. It is estimated that it happens once every few years.

Is there any scientific significance to a Mooselet born to royal Swedish cow?

From a scientific perspective, the birth of a Mooselet born to royal Swedish cow is not significant. It is simply a rare occurrence that is celebrated in Sweden due to its connection to the royal family.