More difficult linear algebra book

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 6K views
kahwawashay1
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
Im looking for a more difficult linear algebra book, more analytical with proofs and whatnot, but not too difficult (Ive only had up to calc III and taking linear algebra now). any suggestions?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
See my blog on linear algebra books: https://www.physicsforums.com/blog.php?b=3206
 
Last edited by a moderator:
thrill3rnit3 said:
Sheldon axler

I second Axler. It will give you a more theoretical outlook to balance out the rote computation in most intro. linear algebra courses.
 
Sankaku said:
Micromass' comments on books are excellent. However, I still think Axler is pretty good as long as it isn't your first book in LA.

Absolutely correct. If you're already familiar with determinants and its uses in finding eigenvalues and inverses then Axler is a very good book for you! I should edit that in in my blog...