Moving three points infinitely away

• Thread starter phunphysics2
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, moving three points infinitely away refers to continuously increasing the distance between three specific points in space without any limit. This concept is relevant in various fields of science and can be seen in examples such as the expansion of the universe and the concept of a black hole. While this is possible in theory, it is not achievable in reality due to physical limitations. The concept of moving three points infinitely away is closely related to the concept of infinity and helps us understand the behavior of objects in an infinitely large space.
phunphysics2
U=kqoq/r ?

Please look at the attachments. I was wondering if someone could please check my work. That is all.

work.png

howmuchwork.png

Thank you for your time!

Physics news on Phys.org
phunphysics2 said:
U=kqoq/r ?

Please look at the attachments. I was wondering if someone could please check my work. That is all.

View attachment 55488

View attachment 55489

Thank you for your time!
Why did you square the distances?

How did you come up with the signs?

Sorry about the squaring in thr pic. I erased them after I took the pic.
I checked with the answer key and my answer matched.
Thank you for your time and rapid response! :)

1. What does it mean to move three points infinitely away?

Moving three points infinitely away refers to the process of continuously increasing the distance between three specific points in space without any limit. This means that the three points will never reach a fixed or finite distance from each other.

2. How is this concept relevant in science?

The concept of moving three points infinitely away is relevant in various fields of science, particularly in mathematics, physics, and astronomy. It is used to understand the nature of infinite space and to study the behavior of objects that are infinitely far apart.

3. Can three points actually move infinitely away from each other?

In theory, yes, three points can move infinitely away from each other. However, in reality, this is not possible as there are physical limitations and forces that prevent objects from moving an infinite distance apart.

4. What are some real-life examples of moving three points infinitely away?

One example is the expansion of the universe, where the galaxies are moving away from each other at an accelerating rate. Another example is the concept of a black hole, where the gravitational pull is so strong that objects are pulled towards it infinitely but never reach it.

5. How does the concept of moving three points infinitely away relate to the concept of infinity?

The concept of moving three points infinitely away is closely related to the concept of infinity. It helps us understand the concept of an infinitely large space and how objects behave in such a space. It also shows that, in some cases, infinity is not just a theoretical concept but can have practical applications in understanding the physical world.