Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Multisim and Actual measurements inconclusive

1. Sep 30, 2009 #1
    hello all, i am a beginner student in this field at NHTI in concord NH , the problem i am having is that my multisim program measurements for a simple voltage point at a resistor is inconsistent with the actual measurement that i got in the lab...? why is this? is my math wrong? here i will give you an example... E or V = 24V through out the circuit and it is an In-Series circuit. I have 5 resistors to check voltage drop for. now my understanding to check the voltage for the resistor itself the formula looks like this V = (I) (R) ? no? now here are some numbers to crunch... R1 = 220ohms I=.010619, V should equal 23.3618... but that dosnt make sense. now when i try to find the voltage for that resistor on multisim using a voltmeter and a Multimeter it says 2.336V what am i doing wrong? this is making me annoyed?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2009 #2
    oooooooooooooooooooooooopsss haha i was doing my math wrong DUH!! wow... well hopefully everything else works alright... if you guys want you can make fun of me lol i dont mind... ill probably be using this site for referance anywayz... the more help the merrier

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook