Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mutual Conductance formula/computation in transmission line

1. Nov 20, 2011 #1
    Hi all,
    I am trying to compute the coupling effects or crosstalk in the circuit attached.
    In MTL (multiconductor transmission line) model of two wire or three wire lines for main lines, how to calculate or simple equation of mutual conductance?

which is denoted as g12 in the circuit attached.

[PLAIN]http://www.nazcarpine.com/uploads/mtlnz.png [Broken]

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2011 #2
    Look into coupled lines. This is an advanced topic, I studied it a few years ago and I don't dare to comment until I have a chance to read back the stuff. Only RF book I have that get into this a little is David Pozar, just got into it a little only. Very few book even talk about this topic. The other one you can look at is

RF and Microwave Coupled-Line Circuits by Mongia, Bahi and Bhartia.

Coupled-lines is a giant leap obove transmission lines in difficulty. If you try to do this in matrix, it is a 4-port network and I did wasted 3 days writing out the matrix, all the determinants and all and I fail to get the answer!!! I double check and triple check my work and still didn't get it. I gave up verifying the formulas.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook