Is the Inverse of a One-to-One Odd Function Also Odd?

• Thread starter n-000
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses ways to prove mathematical questions and the importance of understanding definitions and solving examples. Some commonly used methods to prove equations are solving both sides of the equation, solving one side to prove the other, and using contradiction.
n-000
Hello all

Thses are my questions:

1. Prove that if A(x) is a one to one odd function, then A^(-1) (x) is also odd function.

2. If D(x) and R(x) are one to one functions, then
(DoR)^(-1) (x)=(R^(-1) o D^(-1) )(x)

I hope that someone will help me ^^

Physics news on Phys.org
You have to make an effort at proving these before anyone can give you any help.

Actually, in general I want to know how to prove any question?

Last edited:
How to prove any question? You have asked very difficult question. I think the best way is to experience it by looking at examples and solving problems, at least trying to solve.
Some commonly used way to prove are

(i)Solve L.H.S and the R.H.S, if both give same result then it is proved
(ii) Solve either of L.H.S or R.H.S to prove other side.

(iii) Prove it by making some contradiction

How to prove any question? You have asked very difficult question. I think the best way is to experience it by looking at examples and solving problems, at least trying to solve.
Some commonly used way to prove are

(i)Solve L.H.S and the R.H.S, if both give same result then it is proved
(ii) Solve either of L.H.S or R.H.S to prove other side.

(iii) Prove it by making some contradiction

Start by defining the terms used, writing them as equations if possible.

What does it mean to say "A(x) is one to one"?
What does it mean to say "A(x) is an odd function"?
What is the definition of A^(-1) (x)?

Thank you all
Your advices were very helpful ^^

1. What should be my approach for asking a question?

When asking a question, it is important to be clear and specific. Provide enough context and background information so that others can understand the issue you are facing. It is also helpful to do some research beforehand to see if your question has already been answered.

2. How do I know if my question is appropriate for this platform?

This platform is designed for questions related to science, so your question should pertain to a scientific topic. Additionally, make sure your question is not too broad or opinion-based, as these types of questions may not receive helpful answers.

3. How can I ensure that my question gets answered quickly?

One way to increase the chances of getting a quick response is to make sure your question is well-written and easy to understand. You can also try tagging your question with relevant keywords to attract the attention of experts in that field.

4. What should I do if I receive an answer that does not solve my problem?

If the answer you receive does not solve your problem, you can try clarifying your question or providing more information to give other users a better understanding of the issue. You can also try reaching out to the person who provided the answer for further clarification.

5. Can I ask multiple questions in one post?

It is generally recommended to stick to one specific question per post. This allows for easier organization and helps others who may have similar questions find relevant answers. If you have multiple questions, consider breaking them up into separate posts.