Is Graduate School in Physics Worth Pursuing for Personal Interest?

• Thread starter Flux_Capacitor
  • Start date
In summary, pursuing graduate school in physics for personal interest can be a valuable and rewarding experience. It allows individuals to deepen their understanding and knowledge of the subject, as well as develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills. However, it also requires a significant investment of time, effort, and resources, so it is important to carefully consider personal interests and career goals before making the decision to pursue graduate studies in physics. Ultimately, the decision should be based on a strong passion for the subject and a desire to further contribute to the field of physics.
Flux_Capacitor
I am pursuing physics for personal interest outside of what will soon be a full-time job, and I am considering graduate school in the long-term. I have a BS in Mathematics and I have knowledge and experience in many disciplines.

I am currently brushing up on the math prerequisites for Quantum Mechanics and I am learning the necessary physics prerequisites. I hope to move into more advanced areas of study after obtaining a strong understanding of QM at the graduate level.

I look forward to interacting!

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you, Greg!