Choosing an undergraduate physics program: does ranking matter

  • Thread starter Thread starter Emeric
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 738 views
Emeric
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hey guys I'm a 19 year old I have just finished my year 12,
Atheist, Ex-Muslim...Who happens to love physics... and happens to live in the middle east of all places.
≪[/color]one line redacted by mods[/color]≫[/color]
I'm planning on getting my degree in physics and plan on going all the way for a phd but I can't seem to decide where to go to for my undergrad studies
I was first set on Germany eyeing their IPSP programme but then I find that they are not so highly ranked...I'm confused should I apply to better ranked institutions, do they really matter a lot is it good enough that I get into an institute that is ranked in the top 1%
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Emeric.
smiley_sign_welcome.gif


You could flesh out your question with a few more details and post it to our Academic Guidance forum, here: https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/academic-guidance.139/

Good luck with your options!