Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Name of parts of car

1. Nov 14, 2013 #1
    20131031_170909.jpg
    what is the name of this part?

20131114_142224.jpg
    what is the name of this component?

thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 15, 2013 #2
    First one is master brake cylinder, brake fluid tank, and brake power assist ( I think it is called that)- black container. You have the part sideways by the way.

From where in the car did the second piece come?
    That could be anything

4. Nov 15, 2013 #3
    okay..the second picture is a part of the first picture.we're required to draw this using SolidWorks..some parts i not sure how to draw..because some planes is inclined one and I don't know to draw the incline plane.

5. Nov 15, 2013 #4

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The second component is a mounting bracket of some sort. If you could upload some different views of the power brake unit, you might get a better response.

6. Nov 18, 2013 #5
    The first picture is upside down.

The second part is a bracket that goes between the nuts and the master cylinder and most likely holds a heat shield so the exhaust doesn't convectively rise and heat the master cylinder.

7. Dec 13, 2013 #6
    The second picture is a mounting bracket for a proportioning valve, you can see it at the bottom of the master cylinder (far side as photographed).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook