Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need an advice -- C&K Tech Labs handheld portable lab/meter

1. Nov 11, 2014 #1
    Hi all, I would like to know your opinion. I have been looking for a handheld multimeter online and I have encountered this company www.cnktechlabs.com. They are coming out with a new product - a handheld portable lab. The product looks very interesting. I was wondering would you consider ordering product like that or would you rather go with a well known brand like Fluke?
    Thank you for your advice.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 12, 2014 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

That looks like a fabulous product if it works as advertised and lasts more than 3 days and doesn't cost you your first-born, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Fluke on the other hand is still a reputable company, as far as I know (it certainly was 25 years ago when I was using that stuff).

4. Nov 12, 2014 #3
    Hi phinds, thank you for your post. I have contacted the company, they told me that the product will be released in 12 weeks and price range will be $550-600. I kind of like the features of this product and it is in my price range more or less. I am just not sure because I never heard about this company before.
    Not sure what to do.

5. Nov 12, 2014 #4

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

See if they already sell any other products and if so can you find on-line customer reviews of any of them. If not, I'd advise staying away. They may be a very solid company but I personally would not want to spend $500 to find out.

6. Nov 12, 2014 #5
    Thank you phinds.

7. Nov 12, 2014 #6
    I wonder, in general isn't it a little too expensive for a multi-meter to be priced at $600 even with all the features being offered?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook