1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help finding graduate analysis book

1. Apr 15, 2010 #1

jav

I have just taken real analysis I and II (single and multivariable respectively) as an undergrad. I am planning on taking the grad analysis course next year.

From what I gather Rudin seems to be the time-tested bible of analysis, but I don't know at what level the book is written. Can anyone recommend a graduate level real analysis book?

Also, I am looking to get a head start on complex analysis, so if anyone could share the name of a good complex analysis text, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 16, 2010 #2

Landau

Science Advisor

Please elaborate on the course. What are the subjects treated? Analysis is a big subject. Rudin already has three textbooks (principles, real and complex, functional) on analysis.

4. Apr 19, 2010 #3
    Royden's Real Analysis is a classic and features chapters on the Real line, Metric spaces, Topological spaces, Lebesgue integration, Banach spaces, and Measure theory. It doesn't feature complex analysis, however. Complex analysis by Gamelin is a good book and covers a year long course in the subject (or more or less depending on what you know).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook