1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help for heat conduction problem with multiple BC

1. Sep 21, 2010 #1
    Dear all, I have difficulty in solving this problem (see the figure in attached thumbnails)

I have a rectangular shape with length/height of L and the thickness/width of [tex]\delta[/tex]
    Within the rectangular area, a heat conduction occurred. I would like to determine the temperature profile within the rectangular.

Based on the right hand side figure, I take a small cell with size of dx times dy. Applying the energy balance within the cell.

I have attached all the equation that I can think of, and also the boundary conditions. I have difficulty in solving the differential equation.

Thanks in advance.

note:

[tex]\lambda[/tex] is thermal conductivity
    [tex]\alpha[/tex] is heat transfer coefficient, it is suppose to be dependent on x-location and time. I am going to simulate the heat transfer coefficient as a periodic function.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 22, 2010 #2
    Still no answer...
    Hmmm...

:confused:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook