How to Start a Master's Dissertation on Fuzzy-Finite Element Analysis in ANSYS?

• Thread starter akvishwa
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is seeking guidance for their Masters dissertation in structural engineering on "Fuzzy-Finite Element Analysis and Inelastic Buckling of Plate under load uncertainty using ANSYS". They are asking for links and suggestions on how to proceed with modeling in ANSYS for inelastic analysis. They also mention that English may not be their first language and they have three different topics to study and combine for their dissertation. They appreciate any help and resources provided.
akvishwa
Need Guidance for My dessertaion

Dear friends,

I want to do my Masters dessertation in structural engineering on " Fuzzy-Finite Element Analysis and Inelastic Buckling of Plate under load uncertainty using ANSYS".
Please guide me anyone in the right dircetion how to proceed. Send me Any links about Modeling in ANSYS for a plate for inelastic analysis.
Thanking you in advance

regards,

Anil K Vishwa

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Shackleford said:
I would imagine English is not his first language.

Yes it was a little mean, but it was also a - do my homework for me - type question

NobodySpecial said:
Yes it was a little mean, but it was also a - do my homework for me - type question

Yeah. A dissertation requires a bit more independent study! Haha.

Shackleford said:
I would imagine English is not his first language.

Yea. You are right. I am from India.
I am already trying to find out the materail on this subject.
I have three different things to study and join them at end.
1. Fuzzy Finite Element Analsysis
2. Inelastic Buckling
3. Analysis using ANSYS

Is it clear or still I am in ignorence.
Please let me know.

Last edited:

Shackleford said:
Yeah. A dissertation requires a bit more independent study! Haha.

Yes. Fine and Thank you.

Last edited:
akvishwa said:
Yes. Fine and Thank you.

It's okay to get help, though, and ask for resources related to your study.

Related to How to Start a Master's Dissertation on Fuzzy-Finite Element Analysis in ANSYS?

1. What should I do if I'm struggling with my dissertation?

If you are struggling with your dissertation, the first thing you should do is seek help from your advisor or professor. They can provide guidance and support throughout the process. You can also reach out to other students, join study groups, or seek assistance from a writing center.

2. How do I choose a topic for my dissertation?

Choosing a topic for your dissertation can be challenging. It's important to select a topic that interests you and is relevant to your field of study. You can also consult with your advisor or professors for suggestions and research potential gaps in the existing literature.

3. What is the structure of a dissertation?

A dissertation typically follows a specific structure, which includes an introduction, literature review, methodology, results, discussion, and conclusion. However, the specific structure may vary depending on your field of study and the requirements of your institution.

4. How do I conduct research for my dissertation?

Before starting your research, it's important to have a clear research question and methodology. You can conduct research through various methods, including literature reviews, surveys, interviews, experiments, and data analysis. Make sure to keep track of your sources and properly cite them in your dissertation.

5. How long does it take to complete a dissertation?

The time it takes to complete a dissertation varies for each individual. It can take anywhere from 1-3 years, depending on your field of study, research methodology, and writing skills. It's important to set realistic goals and timelines to ensure you complete your dissertation on time.