Need help for project plans (Solar and Wind Generator)

Hi, I'm trying to build an auto-sufficient station, this is my "blueprint" for mounting everything together :

https://goo.gl/photos/4KLmhUc9EDccMPkYA

and I would like to know if it was possible to calculate the voltage and intensity entering the Charge Controller without measuring it, if connecting the WT and the SP in parallel is a good idea, and how much current intensity is needed to charge a 12V battery (even if it has to take many hours) any tip is appreciated ! ^^

Answers and Replies

anorlunda
Staff Emeritus
Insights Author
:welcome:

Every charge controller I have owned came with recommendations for connections including serial/parallel in the manual.

I would follow the manufacturer's advice.

Likes berkeman
:welcome:

Every charge controller I have owned came with recommendations for connections including serial/parallel in the manual.

I would follow the manufacturer's advice.
Okay, i'll wait till it's delivered to check that configuration then, thanks !

I click on your link, get album missing.
A bit vague. Charge controllers generally 1.) protect solar cells or wind generator from back current and 2.) prevent the battery from being damaged by overcharging. For my 1st 100W Solar Panel I had a rectifier and a relay that cut charging above 13.6 volts for a 12 volt LeadAcid battery. Twelve volts because RV stuff is 12 V. My panel was 21.6 V open circuit, but lower at its max current of 1 Amp. A L-A battery can absorb 10 Amps so overcurrent not an issue. Other battery chemistries are less forgiving. I once lived on a farm where the windmill charged an Edison battery, 50yrs old, which ran the electric water pump in the well. Edison is not the greatest battery but it survives abuse.

berkeman
Mentor
I click on your link, get album missing.
Yeah, the post you're trying to respond to is 3 years old. Thanks for trying to respond. :smile: