Find Math Problems for Math Finals Preparation

• Thread starter Joe1
  • Start date
In summary, Joe said that he needs help finding problems to study for his math finals, and someone replied that they have a comprehensive list of topics that can be covered. Joe said that he needs help finding problems to study for his math finals, and someone replied that they have a comprehensive list of topics that can be covered.
Joe1
I am in the process of studying for my math finals, and I was wondering if anyone could help me find some math problems that I could work on to prepare.

Thanks!
Joe

These are the topics:

1 Vectors
a. Dot Product a•b=|a||b|cos(θ)
i. Angles between vectors
ii. Projections
iii. Orthogonality

b. Cross Product
c. Triple Product
d. Lines in space
i. Vector equations
ii. Cartesian equations

e. Planes (normal vectors)
f. Parameterized curve
i. Derivatives
ii. Velocity, acceleration

h. Arc length
2 Differential Calculus of several variables
a. Surfaces in |R3
b. Limits of functions of 2 or more variables
c. Continuity
d. Partial derivatives
e. Gradient
f. Directional derivatives
g. Differentiability and linearization (tangent plane approximation)
h. Functions defined implicitly
i. Implicit differentiability
j. Tangent plane to level surface
k. Chain rule
l. Application to maxima/minima
m. Finding and classifying critical points(Hessian)
n. Finding absolute maxima/minima on a closed, bounded set.
3 Integral Calculus
a. Multiple integrals
b. Iterated integrals
c. Changing order of integration
d. Polar, cylindrical, spherical cords
e. Area, vol, mass, center of mass
f. Improper integrals
4 Vector fields
a. Vector fields
b. Curl
c. Divergence
d. Line integrals and work
e. Conservative Fields
i. Tests
ii. Finding potentials
iii. Fundamental theorem of calc.
iv. Green’s theorem

Physics news on Phys.org
Well if you go over the problems in your textbook and from your class notes instead of typing posts onto Internet boards you'll probably do well on your final. :tongue:

NeutronStar, The problem is that we don't have a normal textbook (if we did, I wouldn't have posted here). The book that we use(which cost only $10, so I'm not complaining) contains primarily theoretical problems that don't help much for tests (and I've spent a lot of time on those also).

Joe,

Your list is rather comprehensive and I don't think a shotgun approach will be very constructive or effective. Why don't you prioritize your needs and narrow the list down to a few items according to your greatest needs? Focus!

try this

find integration of (square root of sin x)and let me know the arrived answer

1. What types of math problems should I focus on for my math finals preparation?

It is important to review all types of math problems that have been covered in your course. This includes algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and calculus.

2. Where can I find math problems to practice for my finals?

You can find math problems in your textbook, on online resources such as Khan Academy or MathisFun, or by asking your teacher for practice problems.

3. How many math problems should I practice for each final?

It is recommended to practice at least 20-30 problems for each final, but the more practice problems you do, the better prepared you will be.

4. How can I check if my answers to the math problems are correct?

You can check your answers using a calculator or by asking your teacher for the correct solutions. It is also helpful to have a study group or tutor who can check your work.

5. Should I focus on memorizing formulas or understanding the concepts for my finals?

It is important to have a good understanding of the concepts in math, but it is also helpful to memorize important formulas and equations. Make sure to practice applying these formulas in different types of problems.