Need suggestion in developing an electric password module

In summary, an electric password module is a device that uses electricity to control access to a system or device through a password or code. It typically consists of a control unit and input device, and offers enhanced security and convenience. Important factors to consider when developing one include security needs, password complexity, and module durability. Potential drawbacks include the risk of forgetting or losing the password and susceptibility to hacking.
I_am_learning
I am trying to build an electric password box that will trigger a relay when correct order of password is pressed (via push buttons). I am going to use the relay to open the main door of my home electrically (via motors). So if you have any suggestion for the password box, it will be of great help to me.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I fed this into Google:
keypad door lock circuit
and got lots of circuits for doing this. Try it and pick something suitable.

This was one of them:
http://uk.geocities.com/ronj_1217/edr.html

Last edited by a moderator:

There are a few suggestions I have for developing an electric password module for your project.
Firstly, ensure that your password box has a secure and tamper-proof design to prevent unauthorized access. This could include using a sturdy and durable material for the box and implementing measures such as encryption for the password.

Secondly, consider using a microcontroller or Arduino board to control the password input and relay triggering. This will allow for more flexibility in programming and customizing your password system.

Additionally, you may want to incorporate a timeout feature where the password input is disabled after a certain number of incorrect attempts. This can help prevent brute force attacks on your system.

Another suggestion is to add a backup power source, such as a battery, in case of a power outage. This will ensure that your password system is always operational.

Finally, it may be beneficial to consult with a security expert or seek advice from online forums and communities for additional tips and ideas for your electric password module. Good luck with your project!

1. What is an electric password module?

An electric password module is a device that uses electricity to control access to a certain system or device by requiring users to input a password or code.

2. How does an electric password module work?

An electric password module typically consists of a control unit and an input device, such as a keypad. The control unit receives and processes the input from the user and compares it with a pre-programmed password. If the input matches the password, the control unit will send a signal to unlock the system or device.

3. What are the benefits of using an electric password module?

Electric password modules provide enhanced security compared to traditional physical keys or combination locks. They also offer convenience as they can be easily reprogrammed with a new password if needed.

4. What are some important factors to consider when developing an electric password module?

Some important factors to consider include the level of security needed for the system or device, the complexity and length of the password, and the durability and reliability of the module.

5. Are there any potential drawbacks to using an electric password module?

One potential drawback is the risk of forgetting or losing the password, which could result in being locked out of the system or device. Additionally, electric password modules may be susceptible to hacking or tampering if not properly secured.