What inspired a military veteran to pursue a career in science?

• Thread starter Some new guy
  • Start date
In summary, a military veteran was inspired to pursue a career in science due to their experiences serving in the armed forces. These experiences taught them the importance of critical thinking, problem-solving, and attention to detail, all of which are necessary skills in the field of science. Additionally, the veteran may have also been exposed to various scientific technologies and advancements during their service, sparking their interest in the subject. Their dedication to serving their country may have also translated into a desire to continue making a meaningful impact through scientific research and discoveries. Overall, the combination of their military background and exposure to science during their service played a significant role in motivating the veteran to pursue a career in the field.
Some new guy
Hello all,

Short background on me. Went to college at 15 and was far too immature to excel. Ended up squandering my early possibility of higher education and then joined the military young. After years of that I am back in school and have finally chosen a direction. As a small child I wanted to be a scientist in "all fields".

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you

Welcome new guy, and thank you for your service. :smile:

Likes Some new guy