Is Sabine Hossenfelder the Key to Unlocking New Theories in Physics?

Ben Messer
How did you find PF?
I searched " Quantum Physics Forum " via Google .
Neil deGrasse Tyson has been a great "goto" and respected physicist for me to follow online. I've read Einstein's biography and have been fascinated with the world as theorized by some of the greatest minds and proofs.

Recently, I've come across a name I've never known. Admittedly, this is a passion and a hobby. Sabine Hossenfelder seems to align more with my targeted , at home, studies. I'm no college graduate. I do have a sense for how things work and seem to be have this internal drive categorize, follow statistics, and search for missing puzzle pieces. I'm not the best with words. I'm long winded and not entertaining unless I've had a drink.

I want to be comfortable here and perhaps run a theory , or different representation, of a link been Quantum Physics and the the Theory of Relativity by you all for peer review. Speaking of a 4th dimension and getting to explain it to most is difficult. I try to simplify and think outside of the box .

String Theory supposedly has " holes" in it. At least that's what I think I recall when learning of it years ago. I dismissed my line of thinking then and have been consumed for several years by a personal search in other possibilities. I'm not a mathematician. I can't prove or disprove anything except the most basic problems and conversions. Did I say I was long winded?

I believe in science. Sabine Hossenfelder rekindled something in me via a YouTube presentation last night. Much of what she said was repetitive. We have all heard of "spooky action at a distance". I'm certain you are all knowledgeable of Schrodinger's cat. My hope is to feel comfortable enough here to possibly pass along my ignorant thinking in an attempt to be either disproven or told people are already going down this rabbit hole. You are the heroes and I'm just a 48 year old pondering fool by comparison. I'm here and I promise to be humble in this community.

Last night I had to type up my epiphany as to remain on this train of thought and spell out what I wanted to ask here in layman's terms. I'd be honored if you all would allow me to delve into this forum and learn from your posts. Youtube can only go so far. I apologize for the book I've written here. I will lurk until I'm comfortable exposing my true ignorance. I will lurk and I'll learn. At some point I want to show my ignorance and be subject to your peer review. I'm just too curious and I think I have an idea to replace string theory.

I don't mind being told I'm wrong. Learning matters and we all seek the same truths. Thank you ! NOTE: I'm not proofreading this. I implore you to forgive any and all grammatical errors. Cheers to the new year to come!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Ben. :smile:

Ben Messer said:
I want to be comfortable here and perhaps run a theory , or different representation, of a link been Quantum Physics and the the Theory of Relativity by you all for peer review.
That's not what PF is for, and we don't allow personal speculation here. Please re-read the PF rules (see INFO at the top of the page). We help you to understand mainstream science as published in the professional literature. We don't help with any peer-review of new ideas here.

Enjoy PF. :smile:

Likes topsquark
berkeman said:
Welcome to PF, Ben. :smile:That's not what PF is for, and we don't allow personal speculation here. Please re-read the PF rules (see INFO at the top of the page). We help you to understand mainstream science as published in the professional literature. We don't help with any peer-review of new ideas here.

Enjoy PF. :smile:
I'm learning more of the digital theories. I don't think this is a new idea. I've seen it explained better than I could since being here. I'm willing to bet this entire thing has already been looked into. I'll read all I can here and learn as much as possible. Thank you

Likes berkeman
Hi
I hope you all are well, I am new to this community and happy to join you