Is it Realistic to Pursue an Engineering Degree at Age 50?

• Thread starter TC01
  • Start date
In summary, pursuing an engineering degree at the age of 50 is realistic, but it may come with certain challenges and considerations. While age may be a factor in the competitiveness of job opportunities and the ability to keep up with a fast-paced and constantly evolving field, it is not a barrier to success. With determination, dedication, and a strong support system, individuals can overcome any obstacles and achieve their goals of becoming an engineer at any age. It is important to thoroughly research and understand the demands of the degree program and the engineering industry, and to be prepared for potential financial and time commitments. Overall, while it may not be the most traditional path, pursuing an engineering degree at the age of 50 is possible and can lead to a fulfilling
TC01
Hello everyone. My name is Tim and I am new to the community. I am in my mid-40's and am thinking about going back to school to get an engineering degree after a long career as a Paramedic. I found all of you by reading a thread from the site about others in the same situation as myself. I look forward to interacting with everyone and learning quite a bit more.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome! Which thread were you reading? I'd like to read it, too. I'm in my 50's, self-studying, always up for commiseration with other opsimaths!