New Nuisance in Posting - Is It Just Me?

• Bug
  • Thread starter epenguin
  • Start date
In summary, it seems that this is happening to someone else, and they are able to recover posts by using Firefox's Lazarus add-on.
epenguin
Homework Helper
Gold Member
In the last couple of days two or three times it has happened that after writing out a post taking some time, not enormous, and trouble, enough, the posting box went blank and there was some timed-out message, and I could not recover my text.

I have not had this before nor changed my habits.

In practice I will now have to remember to draft my posts outside the site and then paste them so the onsite operation is brief.

But it would be better if there is any site bug it be fixed .

Is it just me or my computer? Is it happening to anyone else?

Physics news on Phys.org
Browser & OS please, together with version.

Not that I have any ideas, but at least knowing the browser/OS combination we can see if your problems are reproducible on the same configuration.

Have you loged out recently and forgotten to check the "remember me" box?

I have had that happen to me, I use IE and hitting F5 restored the post.

Borek said:
Browser & OS please, together with version.

Not that I have any ideas, but at least knowing the browser/OS combination we can see if your problems are reproducible on the same configuration.

XP version 2002

Firefox

Evo said:
Have you loged out recently and forgotten to check the "remember me" box?

I have had that happen to me, I use IE and hitting F5 restored the post.

Never on my main computer where this is happening.
However I have also accessed PF from my i-pad in these days with and without remember me, I don't know what I did! :blushing:

However knowing about this F5 I will remember and try if it happens again, thank you.

So far it seems it is not a general problem.

epenguin said:
Firefox
The firefox add-on Lazarus can recover posts (or any other text you write / forms you fill out) for you.

Related to New Nuisance in Posting - Is It Just Me?

1. What is the "New Nuisance in Posting" phenomenon?

The "New Nuisance in Posting" refers to the recent trend of facing difficulties while posting on social media platforms, such as delays, error messages, or inability to post altogether.

2. Is this issue affecting all social media platforms?

No, this issue seems to be more prevalent on certain platforms, such as Instagram and Facebook, while others have not reported any similar problems.

3. What could be causing this problem?

There are a few possible reasons for this issue, including technical glitches, server overload, or updates in the algorithms of the social media platforms.

4. Are there any solutions to this problem?

Some users have reported success in resolving the issue by clearing their cache or updating their app. However, if the issue persists, it is best to reach out to the social media platform's support team for assistance.

5. Is there anything users can do to prevent this issue?

Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed way to prevent this issue from occurring. However, regularly updating the app and clearing cache can potentially help minimize the chances of facing this problem.