1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

No minor after graduating

1. Apr 15, 2007 #1

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Why is a minor concentration not grantable in a particular subject AFTER graduation for a degree? Why must a student earn the minor concentration credits WHILE studying for the major degree? Usually a minor concentration with your degree only is ~core courses and two or three more upper division courses in the minor field; so why not return to college some time after earning a bacalaureate degree and then do the courses in the desired minor field?

'symbolipoint'

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2007 #2
    Does it really matter all that much? If you want to take some additional courses, take them. Whether you get a minor on paper or not doesn't make that big of a difference: what matters is whether you learn what you want.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  4. Apr 15, 2007 #3
    My undergraduate physics advisor actually told me that a minor is completely worthless (it came up in the context of whether I should take a course on waves, or take an astrophysics course for the astro minor). If that makes you feel any better...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?