1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nodal analysis with 2 voltage sources

1. Nov 26, 2008 #1
    Can someone solve this circuit

[​IMG]

Find v and i in the circuit.

I know that we have to make somethng with supernode, but where the supernode is here? How to develop this problem? Please help me :)

Btw it is nice forum, today i have found that. I hope I will be able to help you in other engeenering topics. Greets

My attempts:

Im not sure, but I think that reference node will be that under 3 ohm resistor ( ? ) I have no idea how to cope with a problem of 2 supernodes in this circuits ( If I am right, that there are 2 supernodes). Actually Im green.... :cry:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2008 #2

CEL

You can solve it by using superposition. Substitute one of the sources by a short circuit and solve for the other source. You find i1 and v1.
    Then solve for the second source, with the first one short-circuited. You find i2 and v2.
    Your solution is i = i1 + i2; v = v1 + v2.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?