1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Non-Inverting Non-Ideal OpAmp Gain

1. Sep 15, 2010 #1
    The first part of this problem was to find the gain using an ideal OpAmp.
    I am on the second half of this homework problem, where we find Vout/Vin, aka Gain, using a non ideal OpAmp. The attachment is the picture of the circuit.

I know that since the OpAmp is no longer ideal A no longer goes to infinity, which provides a small input on the negative terminal. So, this is what I have right now...but its not getting me to the correct answer....

Vout*(R2 / [R1 + R2]) = Vin + Vout/A

Is this how I would start to find the gain? Once i get Vout/Vin, I could take the lim as A goes to infinity to verify that, the gain equals the ideal OpAmp.
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 17, 2010 #2

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

An Op-Amp multiples the difference between the voltage into the positive input and the voltage into the the negative input by its open-loop gain [itex]A[/itex]. In other words,

What are [itex]V_{\pm}[/itex] for the circuit in your diagram?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook