1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Norton Equivalent with dependet current source - Problem

1. Sep 20, 2016 #1
    problem.png

Hey everyone... I've tried to solve this problem with all kind of methods ,but I couldn't do it. I have tried to make an open circuit between R2 and R2 and then to find thevenin voltage and Ri but I have problem solving for thevenin voltage because of this dependent current source... Please give some clue , I must solve this until tommorow ! Thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 20, 2016 #2

gneill

Staff: Mentor

HI Aleksa, Welcome to Physics Forums.

You need to use the formatting template when posting homework related questions. You also have to show what you've attempted in trying to solve the problem (show your work in detail), describe what techniques you've tried and where you've run into trouble. For example, why did the controlled current source cause problems?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  4. Sep 20, 2016 #3

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Also, are there component values to go along with this problem or is it to be done purely by variables?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted