Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Notes on integration

1. Oct 10, 2011 #1

hunt_mat

Homework Helper

For fun, I wrote some notes on integration which should provide a good solid introduction to the subject. They are not analysis notes but more of a first introduction to integration.

Any (constructive) comments or suggestions are always welcome.

Mat

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2011 #2
    I just did a quick browse, but this is great, I had read calculus for dummies as my first introduction to the subject and this is of equal if not better quality. Plus its free! thanks alot, this is great!

4. Oct 10, 2011 #3
    Looks great! If you don't mind me asking, what programs did you use to make this...(i.e. for getting a nice math font, pictures, etc).

5. Oct 11, 2011 #4

hunt_mat

Homework Helper

I am hoping to do some tutoring on the side and it helps if you have your own set of notes for things.

I used LaTeX to do the equations and things and I used inkscape for the pictures.

6. Oct 11, 2011 #5
    At P.5, the symbols for the upper and lower integral at eq. (11) and (13) are just the normal integral sign. Apart from that, I don't see any problems. Good work!

7. Oct 11, 2011 #6

hunt_mat

Homework Helper

Cheers.

8. Oct 11, 2011 #7

hunt_mat

Homework Helper

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  9. Oct 11, 2011 #8
    shape function:

it is to find the field variables at any point which is in terms of nodes
    field variables are=displacements,rotations,e.t.c

10. Oct 12, 2011 #9
    I think this is really good, both as a reference to integration methods and as theory. One thing I could think of is to be careful about [itex] \int _a ^x f(x) dx [/itex], to have a different symbol for the dummy variable.

11. Oct 13, 2011 #10

hunt_mat

Homework Helper

I make this explicit at the bottom of page 5, I see one typo with I haven't done this but I have used a different letter in other integrals.

12. Oct 21, 2011 #11
    Thanks!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook