1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nuclear Engineering Career Options

1. Jun 19, 2009 #1
    Hi, I'm going to be a UC Berkeley Student in Fall 2009 as a NucE major. I chose NucE because of my affinity for nuclear physics, technology, and all that and feel that it would be a great career choice if the industry takes off. However, if the industry doesn't take off, I'm worried that my career choices will be limited. Will I be screwed in the job market if the Nuclear industry doesn't take off or am I worried for nothing? What if I split up my technical electives between NucE and MechE/EE classes... is it possible for me to be hired in these fields with a NucE degree if I'm competent enough or will the lack of the MechE or EE degree hurt my chances. Switching majors at Cal is kinda tough so if I might not be able to switch majors entirely to MechE or EE. Please assuage my worries if you can. Any NucE's wanna offer insight for me? Thanks a lot.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted