Nuclear Engineering Jobs that Require a lot of Travel

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
questionmenow
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Are there any jobs for nuclear engineering majors that require a lot of travel. International would be preferred. I would just hate to stay in one spot! Any job ideas would help!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Guan
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi,

You might want to try looking up for certification or training as an inspection personnel. I've been working as an non-destructive testing technologist in the oil and gas sector and this job requires me to travel a lot to site and also offshore facility to perform inspection during construction, fabrication and maintenance. Normally, I'll work on a project for like 3-4 month and take a 2 week - 1 month break before getting into different project at different location.I believe you could look for the same kind of job in the nuclear industry as well. I'm not really sure about nuclear industry because I've been working in the nuclear power before because there's no nuclear industry from I'm from.

You can try to look up into getting certified as inspection personnel. There are many inspection certification that you can choose for like in the oil and gas and energy sector, non-destructive testing, welding inspection, painting inspection, authorised plant inspection are among the popular entry level certification for graduates. I'm not really sure very well about nuclear power sector specifically, but I've seen somewhere that there are certification as Authorized Nuclear Inspector specifically for nuclear power plant.

O yeah, and for your information, I've a degree in B.Sc. in Nuclear Science, and planning to do my M.Sc. in Nuclear Engineering in the next few years time. Actually I'm also looking for opportunity to get into nuclear industry. I believe my inspection experience would be useful in the nuclear industry.
 
Not exactly true - he gets to see those places through a periscope. :devil: