1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Nuclear Instrumentation and medical applications PhD scopes?

1. Oct 4, 2015 #1
    Hi,

I am currently pursuing my masters in Nuclear Engineering and my graduation is in Instrumentation Engineering. I am interested in Nuclear Instrumentation and Control engineering and currently I have taken coursework also regarding the same. Could you please suggest me universities where researches on Nuclear Instrumentation and Medical physics are being done. What are the areas in this domain which are having high research potentials in future?

Thanks,
    Joydeep

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 9, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Oct 9, 2015 #3

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

What part of the world are you looking for?

A list of CAMPEP accredited graduate programs in medical physics can be found here. CAMPEP is generally focused on North American programs, although I believe than there is one Irish and one Korean program in the mix. If you're looking for research-oriented programs, look to the bigger schools first, or the Canadian ones.

Medical Physics Web is a good source of information on the current hot topics in medical physics.

5. Oct 11, 2015 #4
    @Choppy, thanks for your reply. I have no problem to join PhD program at any corner of the world. My concern is regarding suggestions of institutes which concentrate more on research oriented programs in the field of Nuclear Instrumentation or Medical physics. I also want a comparative analysis of research opportunities in both domain.

Thanks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook