Number of procedural tasks a person can do at one time?

  • Thread starter Thread starter icakeov
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Time
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
icakeov
Messages
379
Reaction score
27
I know working memory can successfully run up to 3 or 4 tasks.
Is there any research on how many procedural skills we can run at one time? I couldn't find any info on this online.
Many thanks.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Depends on the person, type of task(s), and who knows what else; animators from the thirties and forties are my nominees for "busiest" people. But there's the possibility I've misunderstood a question dealing with AI.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: icakeov
Thanks for your response! I was mainly wondering whether procedural memory is related to or "dependent" in any way on working memory.
I found this on Wiki:
"These components include: processing speed, the rate at which information is processed in our processing system; breadth of declarative knowledge, the size of an individual's factual information store; breadth of procedural skill, the ability to perform the actual skill; and processing capacity, synonymous with working memory. "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procedural_memory
Sounds like working memory contributes to it, but is by no means the only factor.

I still wonder up to how many procedural skills a person can generally do. If there is some data on this. No AI included. :)