Obama's Medical Marijuana Policy Issued

  • Thread starter Thread starter B. Elliott
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Medical
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
91 replies · 14K views
Al68 said:
Can you give an example of this? I was under the impression that "states rights" normally referred to claims that a federal law was invalid ("not correct", "wrong") due to the tenth amendment.

The Supreme Court has overturned many laws based on that argument in recent years.

Does "states rights" refer to something else?
Sorry, I'm not interested in arguing with someone who rejects substantiation out of hand and never substantiates their own arguments. It's pointless.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
russ_watters said:
Sorry, I'm not interested in arguing with someone who rejects substantiation out of hand and never substantiates their own arguments. It's pointless.
OK. Maybe someone else will answer. BTW, forum rules can be found here: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=113181 . :!)

Also BTW, I wouldn't call it "out of hand" to reject "substantiation" that consists solely of the logical fallacy of "appeal to authority" by using evidence that someone else agrees as "substantiation", unless the claim itself is only that others agree.

And forum rules require substantiation only for factual claims in support of an argument, not for "arguments" themselves, and certainly not for the purpose of showing that others agree with the argument.
 
Last edited by a moderator: