Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Oh I do love her so

1. Apr 4, 2005 #1

Alkatran

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Score! hehe :rofl:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 6, 2005 #2

matthyaouw

Gold Member

What was her reply to that?

4. Apr 6, 2005 #3
    I know what mine would of been. :grumpy:

Ya know when a males claims to have won to a woman, it normally means he has lost. This of course you'll learn with age.

5. Apr 6, 2005 #4

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Of course, when a man gets involved with a woman who acts like this, he's really already lost.

- Warren

6. Apr 6, 2005 #5
    It does make you wonder eh?

7. Apr 6, 2005 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I haven't yet gotten past the appearance that her handle is "Danielle..portfolio work"

Am I reading that wrong? :confused: When people start talking about alternative medicine, I don't even bother trying to correct their misconceptions about biology anymore. They aren't interested in having their bubble burst and my blood pressure can't handle their stubborn insistence on remaining ignorant. I only stick around if they include massage therapy in their practice, because you can almost always trick them into giving you a free massage. :biggrin:

8. Apr 6, 2005 #7

Alkatran

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

After that I essentially rubbed it in (If I'm going to find out I'm always wrong I'd better enjoy it now!) and told her that heuristic > holistic.

She believes in alternative medicine but my goal is to 'eventually' get her to to actually test these things.

By the way, she's not in a course devoted to alternative medicine, she's in esthetics (ugh, beauty school). So no surprise there's alternative medicine there...

9. Apr 6, 2005 #8
    I believe in alternative medicine. I read somewhere that massage causes babies to develop faster. Once, an accident turned an inch-wide strip on one side of my face into hamburger through contact with pavement, and the dermatologist said that I should stay out of the sun for a month, maybe two, I believe to avoid scarring. In only five days of alternative treatment (herbal and homeopathic), there was nothing visible but a little pink mark beneath my eye. The rest was smooth skin that looked just like the surrounding skin.

10. Apr 6, 2005 #9

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Girls don't always win.

Guys who think they do are foolish.

11. Apr 6, 2005 #10

Alkatran

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The idea is that once you're in a marriage you either agree with the woman or go through hell UNTIL you agree with the woman. It doesn't matter if she's "really" right, she's "just" right.

12. Apr 6, 2005 #11

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I disagree.

I love romance myself, as a guy. If she played stupid, I wouldn't do anything romantic... therefore she is going through hell.

Note: I do romantic things... just about every week or more. It's so much fun.

13. Apr 6, 2005 #12

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Women like this don't deserve to have partners. Sorry, but I'm with JasonRox.

- Warren

14. Apr 6, 2005 #13

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Poor Alkatran, if you think you need to put up with that kind of behavior from a woman, I am afraid that you are doomed to a life of hell. :frown:

15. Apr 6, 2005 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, I'm not a fan of witholding romance to get your way or to "punish" your partner for things. On the other hand, if someone else does the same thing (makes your life miserable if you don't agree with them and say they are right all the time), then there's no reason to stay with them. I'm not talking about playful teasing, but when someone is serious and witholds affection to get their way.

16. Apr 6, 2005 #15

Alkatran

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Haha, you guys take me too seriously.

She doesn't treat me like that and I don't treat her like that. I was talking STEREOTYPE. Jeez. :rolleyes:

17. Apr 7, 2005 #16

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rolleyes: she was just playing a joke on him, how is he ever supposed to get the answer ayurvedic right?

I think a guy who can't take a joke and needs to be right has issues. In this scenario both seemed to be playing a joke on eachother.

18. Apr 7, 2005 #17
    As am I.

*looks around for signs of the apocalypse*

19. Apr 7, 2005 #18

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I don't know about you guys, but are playful things done as a couple an inside thing.

I think it's wrong to think we should all know what he meant by it, especially through the non-emotional online communication.

20. Apr 7, 2005 #19

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, I didn't realize it was a joke either. Had he told us the story in person, we'd have probably picked up on it right away from his tone of voice or if he was laughing or whatnot, but as told here, it was easily missed.

21. Apr 7, 2005 #20
    Hmmm, PF being weird today

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?