Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

OMG, William Shatner sings !

1. May 25, 2004 #1
    I never knew, but after listening I can truthfully say that this material is for the faint of hearing! :surprise: :biggrin:

Oh, ye Trekkies, if your ears can stand the strain then listen as the king of overactica outwits a couple of songs;

http://www.clivebanks.co.uk/Shatnersings.htm

Leonard Nimory works some LOTR magic, too! :tongue2:

2. jcsd
  3. May 25, 2004 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I heard him sing on a priceline commercial. He's really bad. :yuck:

4. May 25, 2004 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

WOW!!! I was talking about this not too long ago, but I didn't know that anything of this existed any longer.

I am pretty sure that Shatner also put out a Christmas Album one year. :rofl:

Really I've got to hand it to him, Shatner has done some really daring things. I recently watched a movie starring Shatner called The Succubus, all about a female demon that posesses men, in that succubusian sort of way, all done in Esperanto. Now that took some cojones!

Bilbo Baggins by Nimoy was a favorite whacko song when I was a young teen. It was a regular on Dr. Demento.

5. May 25, 2004 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

and Boulderhead, would you please keep your eye still!

Tsu has been staring at the computer with her head bobbing around for hours now.

6. May 25, 2004 #5
    [edit]
    Thought I'd gut all of those comments in favor of a link to some funny videos;

http://www.candlelightdreams.com/videos/

Under the Commericials heading is a very funny EDS Cat Herding Commercial. I had not seen it before this morning but television viewers in the US may have. It's worth downloading IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2004
  7. May 26, 2004 #6
  8. May 26, 2004 #7

iansmith

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I remember seen an ad about 6 years ago about a Shatner and Nimoy CD on Space channel. After the annoncer said this is rare blah blah, they had to add "this is not a joke" and you hear it 2 more time during the ad.

9. May 27, 2004 #8

Njorl

Science Advisor

An old buddy had his "clearing out" music. It was what he would play at the end of a party to get people out of his house. Shatner's "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" was one of the most effective. The only problem was the occasional diehard trekkie would stay to listen to it. Then he had to switch to "Mr. French Speaks Dylan".

Njorl

10. May 30, 2004 #9
  11. May 30, 2004 #10

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL, you guys never heard William "The Golden Throat" Shatner singing before? I remember hearing his version of Mr. Tambourine Man in the 80's. I thought it was a joke, but I guess he was serious.

12. May 30, 2004 #11
    "The Golden Throat"

It has been a new experience for me. I was a fan (without the atic) of the television series and had no ideo this material existed. Don't forget to check out that musical Frenchman while you're here, it's great stuff. :rofl:

Porky Pig singing Blue Christmas;
    http://www.blueyze.com/bluechristmas.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?