Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

On capacitive touchscreen technology

1. Apr 26, 2017 #1
    I am currently studying electrical engineering and for my thesis i`m working with touchscreens, mainly the mobile smartphone type of touchscreens , after long long searches I have not yet come to an answer , i am trying to find out what is the resistance that modifies the low electric field that flows on the screen, and triggers the sensors that pinpoint the X,Y coordinates.
    I hope i was clear and not many misspells went by me , not a native english speaker here so ... sorry in advance .

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2017 #2

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

your thread title said capacitive touchscreen, your text talks about resistive

so which do you want to know about, capacitive or resistive touchscreens ?

4. Apr 27, 2017 #3
    I think I didn't make myself clear enough , capacitive screens usually work when the finger conducts the flow of current form the surface of the screen ,I'm wondering what conductivity does another object need to have to trigger a response from the sensors.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted