How Does Mass Increase Affect Proton Velocity in a Cyclotron?

• Thread starter tuananh3ap
  • Start date
In summary, xiclotron is a particle accelerator that was invented in Vietnam. The velocity of proton in xiclotron will not increase because the mass proton will increase (theory of relativity), but I think besides have one cause: when proton flys between the two boxes D then the velocity will be increased by electric fields. However, time fly between 2 boxes will reduce the velocity, and the obit will narrow and become the narrow.
tuananh3ap
hello everybody
i thinks the velocity of proton in xiclotron will not increase because the mass proton will increase (theory of relativity) but i think beside have one cause: when proton flys between the two box D then the velocity will be increased by electric fields but time fly between 2 box will reduce. velocity will ỉncease but than difficulter. the obit will narrow and become the narrow
i may not true this is thought of mine
thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
What is xiclotron? Google wants to know if you ment cyclotron. xD

sorry .the vietnamese usually call it is xiclotron.i forgot i am joining forums of international

we know A cyclotron is a type of particle accelerator. Cyclotrons accelerate charged particles using a high-frequency, alternating voltage (potential difference)
when electron is inside dees D then it doesn't attracts or repels because electric fields doen't throught D that is by copper
when it is between two D it be attracted or repeled by electric fields and the velocity increase so obit of electron will increase the radius of the circle and so the path will be a spiral.
but when the velocity increase to the flight speed then mass of electron increase. but velocity more big then the mass more increase [tex]f[/tex] is not exacly and the Newton's law will false
now i want to talk about problem other
[tex]R=mv/qB[/tex]
when electron be accelerate by electric fields
[tex]F=Eq[/tex]
[tex]v_1=v_o + at[/tex]
[tex]R_1-R_2=mat/qB[/tex]
[tex]mat/qB[/tex] is constant. it depend by [tex]t[/tex]
[tex]t[/tex] is time electric fields attracts or repels the electron
=> this is answer "why orbit is a spiral."
but [tex]t[/tex] will be reduce because [tex]v[/tex] is more increase
radius will be increase slowly, the orbit will become a round
it with "effect increase mass" will against velocity grow
my think true or fasle?? i need one answer for this problem
thank you

What is a xiclotron?

A xiclotron is a type of particle accelerator used in scientific research to accelerate charged particles to high energies. It is often used in the production of radioactive isotopes for medical and industrial purposes.

How does a xiclotron work?

A xiclotron uses a combination of electric and magnetic fields to accelerate charged particles in a circular path. The particles are then guided through a series of accelerating structures until they reach the desired energy level.

What are the main applications of a xiclotron?

Xiclotrons are primarily used in nuclear physics research to study the properties of atomic nuclei and in the production of medical isotopes for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. They are also used in industrial settings for materials analysis and testing.

What is the difference between a xiclotron and a cyclotron?

A xiclotron is a type of cyclotron, which is a type of particle accelerator. The main difference is that a xiclotron uses a spiral-shaped design for the accelerating structures, while a traditional cyclotron uses a circular design.

What are the advantages of using a xiclotron?

One of the main advantages of using a xiclotron is its ability to produce high-energy particles efficiently and in a compact size. It also allows for the production of a wide range of isotopes for various applications in a controlled environment.