Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

One question about xiclotron

1. Jul 18, 2008 #1
    hello everybody
    i thinks the velocity of proton in xiclotron will not increase because the mass proton will increase (theory of relativity) but i think beside have one cause: when proton flys between the two box D then the velocity will be increased by electric fields but time fly between 2 box will reduce. velocity will ỉncease but than difficulter. the obit will narrow and become the narrow
    i may not true this is thought of mine
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 19, 2008 #2

Gold Member

What is xiclotron? Google wants to know if you ment cyclotron. xD
  4. Jul 19, 2008 #3
    sorry .the vietnamese usually call it is xiclotron.i forgot i am joining forums of international

we know A cyclotron is a type of particle accelerator. Cyclotrons accelerate charged particles using a high-frequency, alternating voltage (potential difference)
    when electron is inside dees D then it doesn't attracts or repels because electric fields doen't throught D that is by copper
    when it is between two D it be attracted or repeled by electric fields and the velocity increase so obit of electron will increase the radius of the circle and so the path will be a spiral.
    but when the velocity increase to the flight speed then mass of electron increase. but velocity more big then the mass more increase [tex]f[/tex] is not exacly and the newton's law will false
    now i want to talk about problem other
    when electron be accelerate by electric fields
    [tex]v_1=v_o + at[/tex]
    [tex]mat/qB[/tex] is constant. it depend by [tex]t[/tex]
    [tex]t[/tex] is time electric fields attracts or repels the electron
    => this is answer "why orbit is a spiral."
    but [tex]t[/tex] will be reduce because [tex]v[/tex] is more increase
    radius will be increase slowly, the orbit will become a round
    it with "effect increase mass" will against velocity grow
    my think true or fasle???????????? i need one answer for this problem
    thank you
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?