Online BS in Aeronautical Engineering

In summary, it seems that it is difficult to find a school that offers a BS in Aeronautical Engineering, as most programs only offer a MS. This is likely due to the challenges of teaching engineering online and the importance of hands-on experience and collaboration with peers. Some MS programs do offer the option of completing coursework online, but a full BS in engineering would not be feasible to offer in an online format.
JetMech72
Does anyone know of a school that offers a BS in Aeronautical Engineering? So far all I can find are MS offered online. I may go for a MS eventually, but for now I am just looking for a BS.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
None exist that I know of, and for good reason. A full engineering degree doesn't lend itself well to being taught online. You won't get labs or exposure to your peers with whom most engineers do a lot of work.

I can find plenty of places that offer a MS, so I thought I could find one that offers a BS degree.

I think the reason is the importance of the fundamentals.

If you are going for a MS, then you have already addressed them.

JetMech72 said:
I can find plenty of places that offer a MS, so I thought I could find one that offers a BS degree.

Some varieties of MS degrees require only coursework and generally are only like 8 courses or something like that. These graduate-level courses don't have lab or discussion components, so there isn't a whole lot you are losing online, so programs offer it. It would be shady to offer an online BS in engineering of any sort because of all the labs and discussion sections you would miss.

1. What is an online BS in Aeronautical Engineering?

An online BS in Aeronautical Engineering is a degree program that allows students to earn a Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering through online courses. This degree program focuses on the design, development, and maintenance of aircraft and spacecraft.

2. Is an online BS in Aeronautical Engineering as rigorous as an on-campus program?

Yes, online BS in Aeronautical Engineering programs are just as rigorous as on-campus programs. The curriculum and course material are the same, and the degree is equally recognized by employers.

3. What are the benefits of earning an online BS in Aeronautical Engineering?

Earning an online BS in Aeronautical Engineering offers several benefits, including flexibility in scheduling, the ability to continue working while pursuing a degree, and access to a wider range of programs and courses from different universities.

4. What kind of career opportunities can I expect with an online BS in Aeronautical Engineering?

Graduates of an online BS in Aeronautical Engineering can pursue various careers in the aerospace industry, such as aircraft design, maintenance and repair, avionics, and space exploration. They can also work in government agencies, research institutions, and the military.

5. Are there any specific technical requirements for an online BS in Aeronautical Engineering program?

Yes, most online BS in Aeronautical Engineering programs require students to have access to a computer with a stable internet connection and basic software programs such as Microsoft Office. Some courses may also require students to have specific software or hardware for design and simulation purposes.